My stomach is growling just thinking about (and looking at the pictures of) these snickerdoodles. If you know me, then you know chocolate isn't typically my first choice when it comes to something sweet. But something with cinnamon and sugar? Sign me right up! Which is why my stomach is growling and I'm on the verge of drooling for these cookies! Thank you, Andrea, for sharing this recipe with us!
I always think of my grandpa when I make snickerdoodles. We had many discussions about the cookie and made them together often!
I have this adorable picture of us from when I was little sitting on my counter in the kitchen. it makes me smile, and makes miss him every time I look at it! We are definitely talking about important things while he was whipping up something.
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 TBSP sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat ove to 350° F
2. Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs until combined in stand mixer or by hand
3. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl
4. Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture
5. Chill dough and ungreased cookie sheets for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge
6. Meanwhile, mix 3 TBSP sugar and 3 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl
7. Using a cookie scoop, make about 1 inch balls of dough and roll in cinnamon + sugar mixture
8. Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet
9. Bake 10-12 minutes
10. Remove cookies from pan and place on cooling rack
These will stay soft for days, but good luck keeping them around that long! I love eating snickerdoodles with my morning coffee.
I encourage you to go make these cookies for someone special in your life. It will put a smile on their face!