The only problem is that I can't really justify buying anymore scarves for myself, seeing as how my scarf collection is literally overflowing from just about every nook in our master bedroom (and throughout the house, if I'm being honest). BUT! If someone else bought a scarf for me, it's not like I could refuse it. Therefore, the scarf swap is awesome and you should totally join—not just because you'll get a scarf out of it, but because you'll get a fun snail mail package (sweet!) and you'll hopefully make a new blog/instagram friend as well. I'd call that a win/win/win.
Sounds pretty fantastic, right? I'll get right down to the nitty-gritty on how this works:
Step 1:Sign-ups start today (using the form below) and end on October 24.
Step 2:On October 27, you'll receive an email with your swap partner's info and I'll publish a post here with all of the swap participants. (To keep everyone accountable!)
Step 3:You must contact your partner within 72 hours (by October 30). If you don't hear from your partner, please contact me and I'll arrange a
Step 4:You have two weeks to shop and get to know your partner, but all scarves must be mailed out by Saturday, November 15.
Step 5:Once you receive your scarf, create a post (or take pictures for IG) showing off your newest addition to your collection. Link up back here on Monday, November 24!! If you're on Instagram, you can also come back and link-up, but also use the hashtag #ScarfSwap14
Oh, and look! Here's a handy little visual reminder with all the dates!
Write them down so you don't forget :)
- Open to all US bloggers and public Instagram account holders. (Those without a blog—who only have a public Instagram account—will be paired together first.)
- Only open to those in the US or those with an APO/FPO address. (If you're outside of America and want to join, send me an email letting me know where you are. If there's enough interest from others in the same country, I'll match you guys up together!)
- Scarves must be new (purchased and/or made specifically for your partner). There's no set price range, so use your best judgement or set one with your partner. (All you have to send is a scarf, but last year some went a bit further and sent an extra little gift—like matching nail polish. Talk to your partner about what your limits!)
- Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and my Facebook page! I'll post reminders about all of the deadlines, and other fun things here and there about the swap.
- Out shopping and see a good deal somewhere, or just want to chat about the swap? Use the hashtag #ScarfSwap14 so everyone can see what you're saying.
*****If you're cool with all that jazz, then sign up using this form*****
(and please, please, please, only sign up if you plan on following through.
Don't be that person who flakes:
I know that was a lot of info, but I have one more thing! I'd love it if you could spread the word. This will only be fun if people join in, and the more the merrier is my motto for this, so get the word out using one of the buttons below!
Happy scarf shopping :)
*Update (10/21): There are currently 19 people signed up after day one, which is more than we had last year! I'll try to keep this updated so y'all can see how many people are participating!